Sunday, April 01, 2007

SPEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!

I realised that I had completed overlooked the speed dating that I did 2 weeks ago!

It was fun!
I was nervous as hell before going in.Managed to get myself and the 2 girls I went with a little lost but we got there in one piece!

Before heading to the venue the girls and I met up to discuss how it was going to go.One of my friends had experienced speed dating before so enlightened us with how it might go.We sat and discussed what questions we might ask to make the most of the 6 minutes that you have to spend with each guy.

A few of mine:

Whats your most valuable possession?? (material/spiritual/emotional)
If you were a vending machine what would you vend?
Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years?
If you were an animal what would you be, and why?

So after getting myself suitably worked up we finally mananged to make to the venue(inclusive of tripping up the wrong street for about 10 minutes,until my aunt came to the rescue witht he proper address after a rather panicky phone call from myself!)

So we arrived.
First impressions were........I dont wanna do this! I just wanna go to a bar and get drunk!
12 tables lay in the room with numbers and paper laid on the table....
The host introduced herself and the girls were told to go and pick a table to sit at.
The men were told to do the same ,but would be the ones moving from table to table.
Bell rings and you start talking.Bell rings and you stop and move on.
It was suprising how quickly the 6 minutes went.Although I didnt necessarily want to date certain individuals again ,it was nice chatting and seeing what was out there.
I met a few really nice guys that I would like to get to know better b4 considering wether I would like to get in a relationship with them.
I am in no hurry to make any decisions.I would just like to enjoy the process and get out there and meet some guys......
I would definately speed date again.It was fun and a great way to meet men/and women too!

1 comment:

MissSin said...

thanks for the speed-dating review...
kind of makes me want to try too.
guess there are speed-dating nights in tokyo - maybe that's my mission from now...try speed-dating!