Thursday, May 26, 2005

Detox part 2

Okay so one of my friends said to me while I was puffing on a cigarette that it seemed my detox was a half-arse attempt.
I agree with her! It was, but it did enable me to cut down on sugar and alcohol. I did indulge in a glass of red wine on monday due to a new arrival in the Paine family but I am glad to say that i lost a kilo in the 3days! The butt is still scarily stalking me but physically I feel a little better. Why do we worry another fiend said?? I guess for me its a control thing.The butt isnt that big but it may have a runaway life of its own! One day I may wake up and find that it doubled or even tripled.This is just my way of making sure that it doesnt do that! There is another factor that fits into this.Quite frankly non of my clothes fit me comfortably anymore.They seem a little tight around the waist and arse.I cant afford to go out and buy a new wardrobe.So its a money saving excersise too!
Wow its amazing how well we can justify our vanity! Asides from the appearance aspect of it all I do feel a little clearer a bit more energetic.I would really like to do this kind of thing every couple of weeks so am going to do some research on how I can do that without spending 2,000 yen on a product!
Watch this space!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now see, this is the problem, you can lose the weight, but the body doesnt 'go back' the way you imagine it will....

arumanda said...

let me tell you with a certain amount of authority and great deal of experience that no, the body never does what you expect it to - and that 'bouncing back thing' is just a fallacy. it might look like it's bounced back on the outside, but the body is an entity to itself. you can't decide that.

but the body ain't supposed to stay the same. the body is purely a reflection of both how we feel inside and where we've been in life. it took me quite a deal of time and pain to figure that out.

you have a great butt sarah. i honestly don't think that you can win the fight with your butt - so give up a little of that control and make a pact with it. after a little negotiation, i'm sure you can both come to some kind of agreement. which will no doubt include a little acceptance of its changing presence in your life!