Friday, September 30, 2005

Silver linings..........




They say that every cloud has a silver lining. I believe that to be true.

I have been having possibly the most challenging time of my life so far.There is so much pain,grief,anger,confusion and general mayhem happening........It will all come to a close soon.
It hasnt helped that I have been blind for so long. I cant believe that I have been the fool I have been.Blinded so terribly by love . "What a loser" I heard myself saying to one of my friends the other day.........
Well the lining came when I finally saw with eyes that were willing to see . It didnt matter how often my friends and people who actually didnt know me that well or hardly at all ,told me ,I just couldnt or wouldnt see it.
I was happy to have the painful realisaton that left me crushed and still leaves me feeling the most miserable and most silliest of fools ,because as the song goes
"I once was blind but now I see........."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone has a moment (or 2) in life when they exist behind closed eyes, the greatest challenge is realising and correcting. Well done babe, you got there, and painful as it was, your life is now curving back up. Bring it on!

arumanda said...

it's part of finding your own way - stumbling through the dark. we need the dark parts to help us appreciate the light.
and sometimes i think we don't see because just plainly - we can't see. at that time in our lives, we're just not ready.

i like the story of how the native indians way back in america land noticed some changes in the waves but just couldn't for the life of them conjure up the image of the big dark ships floating their way. they'd never seen a ship in their lives, they'd never seen anything so damn far away. they just didn't know what they were seeing and perhaps didn't/couldn't expect what they were seeing to be anything other than the safety of their own confines.

perhaps i'm not making sense - but i know it's important to look back with a little kindness and forgiveness at yourself for being a little blinded. your blindness was out of love and hope and great expectations. that's a very good place for it to come.

i'm glad that you see a little more clearly now miss ingigo.