Friday, October 20, 2006

The Life and times of Vivaldi.

So I am back to hospitality again! Its a simple way to make money between studying.Sometimes I like it and sometimes I dont! Sometimes I wanna scream out to the customers who look down on you like a piece of shit on your shoe and other time I wanna hug the customers that just make your day with a laugh, a joke, or even sometimes a compliment.There seems to be little understanding of general human kind that anyine you come into contact with....... ANYONE.........and I cant overstate this enough.......IS A VALUABLE HUMAN BEING.You may not like them and you may not want to hang out with them but they are still valuable and precious to someone somewhere.So my day starts 3 days a week at 8am. I have a coffee to get me going beofre I start and away I go.Serving coffee and breakfasts for 4 hours until we make the shift to restaurant mode and serve lunch. The restaurant is below the Sofitel hotel and several large companies (Goldman Sachs, Telstra,Nab etc) so there is a certain "kind" of clientele.The men on the whole are great,keen for a chat and a giggle.The women on the whole couldnt give a damn and seem to want to play out their powertrips in the coffee shop too......PURLEEEEEEASE! Give me a break!
So I just do my thing and do what I am supposed to do,and I get paid at the end of every week! Nice!You would think...........
It then comes to these two women I work with ...........now I have nothing against Italian women I really dont ......but they are shocking.........evryone is accountable for everything,bitterness foams from their mouths,you can sense that one false move and youre standing in line waiting for a bullet to your head because you ordered a Long Black instead of a short black.Youre waiting to be electrocuted because you forgot to add 40 cents to the bill beacause they had soy milk and not regular and well quite frankly I am waiting to have my head lopped off,well just because I am me...........
I have been working on this conflict for some time now.Trying to figure out the best way to make them happy.I realised that there is not a thing I can do to make that happen,in thier world my small mistakes and even my existence is just a BIG mistake.You see they stick together and if either of them fuck up they erase the evidence,no accountability, no guilt trips, and no more said.........
I know I should leave,the situation seems strangely reminicent of other experiences in my life, other jobs, other relationships, other scenarios where you know its best to just walk away but it all seems so convinient and yet I still tell myself i can make it work if I just try harder at it, when will I learn..............

No comments: