Monday, June 20, 2005

Kami Sama

I went to church...............I can hear all my friends shouting unbelievingly right about now,but I did.It was my first time to head to a god house in a while although really the world we live in as far as I am concerned is Gods house ,I am Gods house.
Anyways I will spare you my philosophies on faith and the God archetype.

I wanted something relevant.I needed to hear something positive.I went for the sermon more than anything.I wanted to hearwise,positive ,moving ,inspiration .Mostly I needed to see passion and faith.I miss that. Alot of the passion I see in Tokyo is based on capitalistic gain and sex. Thats not to say that I dont see people living passion ,I am fortunate to have many friends who are passionate about many things and thankfully include me in thier passions.

So this is what I heard...................

Sing a new song. Play a new song.When youre happy ...sing.When youre challenged ........sing.Something changes inside of you when you sing.It transforms.Something happens in your heart.

When youre at work and feeling frustrated sing in your heart.
When youre standing in the rain without an umbrella sing in your head.
When youre dancing in a club sing...........

It made sense .It is freeing and joyful. Today I am singing.

I dont know if I will go back to the church.I am just not that into the whole praising of jesus thing.Dont get me wrong I believe he existed and was a healer but I dont put my faith in him.
I have to place my faith in myself.
Okay I am not doing a good job of that right now but life is about lessons that need to be learned ,so I am learning.Working through things .Sorting through the gomi and keeping whats good and throwing out the smelly stuff. I am sure there are some things in the bottonm of the fridge that still have a bit more time before I throw them out but again I will get there.

2 comments:

arumanda said...

sing, sing a song
sing out loud
sing out strong
sing of good things, not bad
sing of happy, not sad

what would the world be - nay, what would my life and my day to day be - without song.

my ipod died today, but there's music in my head and heart if i want it to be. just gotta start singing is all. there should be no excuse. how so very joyous.

Anonymous said...

And if you're feeling down, be down! Sing da blues.