Friday, June 03, 2005

Pajama Party

Oh me oh my. I came home late last night to find no sign of my beautiful benji.I was panic stricken.He was there when I left ,I had closed the door behind me and left him sleeping on the bed.
I searched everywhere.High.Low.Inside cupboards. I was frantic.I called Jonathan but no answer.What to do.Perhaps he was in our housemates room I reasoned to myself.
I went to bed after a lot of searching and calling and woke up at 7.
Again searching the house again imagining him squashed or struck down somewhere with aheart attack.It just didnt make sense until we knocked on the housemates door.She didnt have him,but she said she had heard him crying last night at about midnight.
I knocked on all the neighbours doors.Do you have my cat?? I came to the last one .Do you have my cat?? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh,she said.She went over to her sofa where a big butch cat was sitting lookign at me menacingly.she pulled out this little petrified orange fluff ball out from under the sofa.My little orange cute fluff ball.
It turns out my housemate had inadvertently let him out the front door when she came in and locked him out! The crying had been his at the front door.Let me in! Let me in! She hadnt realised,and so my little orange fluff had walked down the halla nd stayed the night with someone else.I dont think it could have been that fun .He was scared and jumpy when I got him back,but he was safe and smelling of chip fat!
I feel very releieved but also somewhat amazed at how quickly we come to adore these things!
Hes home now and sleeping on my thigh as I write.........Ahhhhhhhhh...............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my god - you poor babies!
glad your story has a happy ending....
flatmate need severe talking to though...

h.