Friday, November 26, 2004

lost in translation

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
I am having one of those days when everything I say comes out wrong ! I managed to insult my friend quite unwittingly and feel terrible. I failed to communicate with my man in a way that was loving and kind.All these things just create distance and I just wanna pop outside myself and say "hey everyone! I am nice, REALLY,I want to love you guys more ! I want you to love me more! I wanna hang out more ! I want to be part of a community and feel part of something" I guess I just wanna belong ! Am i normal?? Does anyone get me??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are totally normal.

I dont quite get you all the time, but then i dont live in your head against the backdrop of all your experiences. But most of the time i hope i get you!

The words you say are much less important than what you want to communicate. The interface that we use to communicate is unreliable and flawed, there isnt a soul alive who hasnt had trouble with it.

I know you are a nice person, and I love you and want to hug you more (in an uncomfortable-im-not-totally-cool-with-physical-contact kind of way, which you know is me and not you)(BTW, Rachel and i hugged for the first time the other day, you woulda laughed, it was very much a minimal-surface-area-contact-pat-pat-release kinda hug!).

Your job is to do your best with the interface, to do your best to communicate what you are feeling and thinking, and to try to fix the mistakes that you make (which is what you are doing in this blog entry!). What the other person does with the information they receive from you, your communication and feelings and mistakes is totally beyond your control and responsibility. To thine own self be true babe!

Sorry for posting a comment longer than your entry.