Monday, November 08, 2004

Oasis

Living in Tokyo has its times! Often I feel tired and run down and in need of rejuvination.........Yesterday I took my beautiful friend to LA Qua .Ita a wonderful onsen in Tokyo Dome.Its been open I believe for about 2 years and is one of my favourite places to head when I need a little pick me up!
Its a real onsen in the very fact that the water comes from about 1,700 metres underground!! Thats alot of digging on behalf of relaxation and natural springs but believe me its worth it!
It was not my first time to visit La Qua .I have been several times before and I have also been by myself on several occasions.It was nice to see it through fresh eyes but honestly this place blows me away.It has a whole onsen area with natural springs,sauna,jacuzzi bath ,foot onsen and rotemburo.This section is not mixed,but I love the feeling of being naked around all the women ! Its so natural and comforting.
Then there is a Healing BAden (315 yen extra) It has heated floors and the ambience of somewhere tropical,say Bali or Thailand.You have to be dressed for this area and you are given special pajamas for it! The floors are heated and the lighting is warm and non-invasive.You can order a drink and sit on any of the platforms and enjoy the lucious green tropical feel while supping on a glass of wine!
There are no baths here just a place to relax!
Thirdly and lets not say lastly because this place has many feels and many functions ,there is the relaxation area.Its an area with beautiful plush chairs each with a small T.V and a telephone for waiter service ! Also included is a cinema, an internet area and massage chairs!! Pure bliss!
If you wanna pay extra and grab a massage then there are places you can do that too.
We enjoyed ALL of the facilities and had a wonderful relaxing time and finished up by preparing for the outside world in the .hmmmmmmm.....not sure what to say here.the leaflet says "womens locker room" I am not sure that really details it to the max! There is everything you need there to pamper yourself and look fabulous before you head out.Hairdryers ,hair products ,face products ,body products and even a make up bar!!! GIRLS!!! Its wonderful! Just be aware ! if you go with a fella you might take a little longer than he to get ready!!!
That was my lazy sunday!!! Followed by a great night sleep it was worth the cost at around 3,000 yen! Its a little extra at weekends and you have a 4 hour time limit which amazingly doesnt seem like enough time ! This place is awesome and if you ever miss your last train,well pop over there ! Its open from 11 am until 9am!!
Thanks Jo for a great day!!!
Heres the link for heaven!
http://www.tokyo-dome.co.jp/e/laqua/spa.htm




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was indeed heavenly! Thank you too for a fabulous day babe. (^x^)

j-ster