Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentines Day

At the risk of sounding cynical,I am kinda over it.
My problem is that I love "events" .Birthdays ,weddings ,Christmas.........I love them all.Especially if they involve the giving of presents or the anticipation of suprise. It brings out the little girl in me.I get excited.I squeal,I jump up and down,I giggle.
There is a downside to all of this,The expectation.I have huge expectation when it comes to these events.I tell people 2 months in advance that its my birthday just in case they forget .I tell jonathan every day for a week that its valentines day.I make lists for christmas so that I wont be disappointed.The problem with this as with all expectation is that it never happens the way you want it too.I am a hopeless romantic.Hopeless.I live in a fairytale world and I am princess of the copper kettle (literally my name translated) I am waiting for my knight in Shining armour to whisk me away to a far away kingdom where I never have to pay the bills,deal with having to contemplate what to have for dinner , or clean the toilet.
Today is valentines day........I'm over it.
Is that sad?
I am getting old.......or am I just getting cynical?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got one at least, my grampy never lets me down!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,dont think you are either just dissapointed,I hope J came up trumps and you got something to remember the day.Stay being the Princess Life is to serious to be serious,stay childlike,I have.Love always.xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

don't change! i know exactly how you feel - because i feel the same.
Never ever give up the hope, dreams & sparkles - it helps make other people's days special...
Keep Twinkling & Giggling...
h.