Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Hanami

I am a little uncertain about making a post for hanami but it is such a major event and one that not everyone I know knows about so here goes!
Hanami in Japan is probably one of the best times of year! It marks the grandiose entry of spring with a mass of cherry blossoms weighing down the trees.Its like walking through a fairytale.

Here in Japan we tend to celebrate it with much vigour,drinking and a good time spent with friends.People gather under the pink to catch up and feel the warmth envelop us for the first time since the end of summer. (I hasten to add that the next day doesnt quite feel like that! Often accompanied with a headache and an OHMYGOD,what did I do feeling)

Anyway,you will find that all and any park will be filled with people picnicing and drinking and revelling! Its fun.Its bonding.Its exciting!The onset of spring and the promise of warmth and outdoor activities again! It certainly gets my tingle button going!

Traditionally a farming celebration here where it would mark the beginning of the farming season and hopefully an abundant harvest.It has evolved into a modern celebration of natures promise of spring and a collective awe at the beauty that it brings!

Okay enough said! Here are some pics that I took with my new camera!

No comments: