Thursday, October 27, 2005

Coming Together


Its all coming together at long last..........The fruits of my labor are starting to sprout forth!

Its been a difficult month.I have been stressed out to the max.Laughed a few times so hard I thought i would cry ,its been border line Hysteria.........

I have filled out so many forms and sent a menagerie of e-mails to officials.

I have so far organised my darling cat to leave Japan on the 1st November.Australia has very strict rules about what they do and dont allow into the country . It has been a host of visits to the Vet and mounds of paperwork and permit getting and spondoolies being dished and even measuring of the cat from head to toe and toe to head.Certificate A's and Certificate B's and certificates to prove certificates A and B.Its been a mind whirl. I was told that he is a little overweight which at this stage is not a concern as he will have to sit in quarantine for 30 days in Australia! Little sweetheart.I am so sorry to you for that ,but I promise you a better quality of life on the other end.Please dont forget me and for god sake dont die on me! I have spent a small fortune on getting you there ,that it would break my wallet, but most importantly my heart.Although dont doubt his courage and stregnth.Only the other day I caught him drinking out of the loo! Tuesday will be a hard day, as well as a relief that he is on his way! I have to take him to Narita where he will be seen by an Animal Quarantine inspection Vet who will thoroughly check that I have followed all procedures and that he is fully vaccinated to Australian standards.He will then seal him into his cage .( Question to self........how do I make sure benji has done most of his business before that?? I am pretty sure I wouldnt be able to cross my legs for 12 hours)

After this I will take him yowling (I am pretty sure ....) across to the cargo section where I will check him in for his adventure. He can only fly in a cargo plane .They will not allow him in the belly of a passenger plane.After this we will part our ways. My stomache will clench and I will become a wreck.Thankfully I have company.A good shoulder to support me for the journey back ,and more.

No comments: