Monday, October 31, 2005

Takaii

I had to have a full Medical Examination today for my Visa to Australia.Okay ,they say its 21 thousand (100 pounds) for the examination and x-ray.By Tokyo private Clinic standard I felt that that was expensive but expected.
So while I am having my blood pressure taken and height and weight assesed etc,etc,etc the nurse asks me what exactly I will be doing in Australia .......I tell her I am doing a B.A in Health Science and that I will be studying specifically Acupuncture.........She tells me that I will need to have blood tests taken for HIV and Hepatitus antigen......fine I say.......She then says that this will be extra.Okay I say,how much is extra.........wait,wait.........just a little more.......for one vial of my blood to get to the lab and be tested costs 14,000 yen(75 pounds) I am shocked,astounded and quite frankly appalled .........Its a student visa for christ sakes.I am gnna be a student for 4 years........does this tell you that I will be rolling in cash and dancing the nights away bathing in Champagne???
I am sick of professions that deal with health care or other sensitive services that we absolutely need charging the crap outta you just because they know you have no other choice.Its shameful.

1 comment:

MissSin said...

bloody hell.
shouldn't they be paying you for the privilege of taking YOUR blood?

total and utter rip off - especially considering that all they do is kind of swill it around, look at it and print out a bit of paper...

but on the positive side, at least it's for a excellent cause & you can feel at one with benji...